To qualify and remain a ChargeTech Authorized Reseller, your business must adhere to this ChargeTech Authorized Reseller Policy at all times.
1. Maintain Current Business Information & Disclose All Locations That Carry ChargeTech Maintain accurate and up-to-date company information and disclose all retail locations that carry ChargeTech products throughout the term of your reseller relationship with ChargeTech. Qualifying retail locations can only be one of the following: your physical brick & mortar store(s), your commerce-enabled website(s), or temporary storefronts (events, trade shows, pop up stores, etc.).
2. Report Sell-Thru for Physical Retail Location(s) and E-Commerce Sites Reseller must provide sell-thru information by SKU and approved retail location upon request. ChargeTech reserves the right to perform an audit of financial statements pertaining to ChargeTech sales or the business operations (conduct) to ensure compliance with this policy.
3. ChargeTech’s Trademarks & Brand Policy Reseller must comply with ChargeTech’s Trademark & Brand Policy and represent yourself as a ChargeTech Authorized Reseller in all online advertising & sales collateral. Setting up businesses, registering domain names, or social media usernames that contain any of ChargeTech’s trademarks is strictly prohibited. To ensure compliance with ChargeTech’s Authorized Reseller Policy, you must only use approved marketing materials for all ChargeTech products. To obtain approval on your marketing material utilizing ChargeTech’s marks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. ChargeTech's Minimum Advertised Price Policy Reseller must understand their obligations under ChargeTech’s Minimum Advertised Price Policy (MAP Policy) and abide by them. ChargeTech, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue doing business with any reseller that advertises any product(s) lower than what is covered by this MAP Policy. A. General Guidelines:
B. Advertising Guidelines
- ChargeTech may in its sole discretion modify this list from time to time.
- ChargeTech recognizes that dealers are free to make their own decisions to advertise and sell any ChargeTech product at any price they choose, without consulting or advising ChargeTech. Similarly, ChargeTech will exercise its right to make its own decisions regarding the ChargeTech Authorized Reseller Program (“CARP”), supplemental marketing materials, point-of-purchase displays, product allocation, new product availability, or future promotional, joint marketing, or sponsorship programs.
- The MAP Policy applies to advertised prices, not the price at which MAP Products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual in-store or over the telephone.
- ChargeTech Believes in maintaining a well regulated and fair marketplace for all its authorized resellers.
C. Bundling Guidelines
- The MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of MAP Products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as Internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media.
- The MAP Policy does not apply to solely on premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed to customers
- Website features such as “click for price”, automated “bounce-back” pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, and automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart, and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the dealer (rather than by the customer) and thereby constitute “advertising” under this MAP Policy.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise that a customer may “call for price” or “email for price”, or to use similar language, specifically with respect to ChargeTech Products, so long as no price is listed.
- This MAP Policy also applies to any activity which ChargeTech determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy, such as solicitations for ‘group purchases’ and the like.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- From time to time, ChargeTech may permit resellers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, ChargeTech reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
- From time to time ChargeTech may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer's rebate, provided that: a. The advertisement includes a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer's rebate in the same type size and style; b. An asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer's rebate; and c. ”After manufacturer's rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
- “Bundling” or advertising ChargeTech products for sale together with other products will violate this MAP Policy when: a. the effective or stated price of the bundle represents a discount of greater than 15% of the MAP; or b. the product(s) bundled with MAP Products violate ChargeTech's Intellectual Property rights; or c. the product(s) bundled with MAP Products violate the ChargeTech Trademark and Brand Policy; or d. the product(s) bundled with MAP Products include words, packaging, graphics, or other indicia which may create customer confusion as to the source of the product(s); or e. the effective or stated discount is greater than 15% of the highest priced item in the bundle.
- Product(s) bundled with the MAP Products must not, without conspicuous warning, be: a. technically incompatible; or b. in the case of memory storage products, be of a speed or class that is likely to result in a degradation of quality or performance of the associated MAP Product(s); or c. create or encourage additional risk of damage, bodily injury, or death to the customer if used together.
- Gift cards, coupons, points, or other incentives which are contingent on the purchase of a MAP Product will violate this MAP Policy when: a. the effective or stated price of the bundle represents an immediate discount of greater than 15% of the MAP; or b. the effective or stated price of the bundle represents a discount of greater than 15% of the MAP after taking into consideration any contingent future purchase
- Rebate programs from ChargeTech, whether on MAP Products or ChargeTech's partners' products are exempt from this policy.
- If a dealer with multiple store locations violates this MAP Policy at any one store location, or on any associated website, then ChargeTech will consider this to be a violation by the dealer
- ChargeTech reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend dealers' account if ChargeTech reasonably believes: a. a dealer has violated the provisions of this policy; or b. a dealer intends to violate this policy
- ChargeTech's MAP Policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP Policy as occurred, as well as determining appropriate sanctions.
- Waivers to this MAP Policy may be granted in ChargeTech's sole discretion by the MAP Policy Administrator in writing. ChargeTech Sales, Marketing, or other personnel are not authorized to modify or grant exceptions to the MAP Policy. In the event that the MAP Policy Administrator authorizes a waiver to the MAP Policy, dealers must strictly adhere to the terms of the waiver letter. Deviation from the terms of a waiver letter is a violation of the MAP Policy.
- ChargeTech monitors the advertised prices of dealers, either directly or via the use of 3rd party agencies or tools. Dealers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any ChargeTech investigations regarding possible MAP Policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a ChargeTech MAP Policy investigation is a violation of this MAP Policy.
- The MAP Policy will be enforced by ChargeTech in its sole discretion and without notice. Dealers, distributors, resellers, have no right to enforce the MAP Policy. Violations of this policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law. All questions related to this MAP Policy should be directed to: email@example.com.
5. Sell to Retail Consumers Only Reseller may not sell in bulk to B2B accounts, wholesalers, or freight forwarders/drop shippers for other retailers. Reseller may only sell to your end consumers only.
6. Only Purchase ChargeTech Products Directly From Assigned & Authorized DistributorReseller must not buy ChargeTech products from other retailers, or from other sources not explicitly endorsed by ChargeTech.
7. Only Sell ChargeTech Products in Original Packaging Reseller may not alter original ChargeTech packaging in any way prior to reselling ChargeTech products. Removing ChargeTech products from packaging and reselling ChargeTech products in a different packaging or under a different name is strictly prohibited.
8. Use ChargeTech Supplied Core Product Data in Feeds Reseller must be able to use standard set of ChargeTech supplied data in product data feeds that you distribute to 3rd party advertising venues unless prior written permission is obtained from ChargeTech.
9. No Bundling ChargeTech Products Without Obtaining Permission Reseller must not re-SKU or bundle ChargeTech products in online assortments & data feeds without receiving prior written permission from ChargeTech.
10. Bulk Sales Reseller agrees to reasonably cooperate with ChargeTech in preventing unauthorized exportation of ChargeTech® Products. For ChargeTech® products which incorporate an individualized numerical designation (e.g. serial number) and which are sold in bulk, defined as four (4) or more units in a single transaction, or ten (10) or more units purchased by the same individual within thirty (30) days (“Serialized Bulk Products”), Reseller shall endeavor to request the following information: customer name, customer address, customer phone, product serial numbers, and dates of transaction. The customer information is not required to be transferred to ChargeTech, however it should be used to identify suspicious purchase patterns. In the event the customer refuses to provide such information, Reseller should reduce the transaction quantity to below the applicable Serialized Bulk Products threshold.
11. Customer Confusion Reseller will not advertise, market, display, or demonstrate non-ChargeTech products together with ChargeTech products in a manner that would create the impression that the non-ChargeTech products are made by, endorsed by, or associated with ChargeTech.
12. Sell on Approved Retail Website(s) Only Reseller must only take orders via publicly accessible e-commerce enabled web pages hosted on approved websites owned and operated by your company. Selling on 3rd party sites (eBay, Amazon, Alibaba, etc.),drop-ship accounts (Buy.com, Newegg.com, Overstock.com, etc.), classified sites (Craigslist.com, Facebook Marketplace, etc.) or direct messages on forums is strictly prohibited.
13. Sell to Customer(s) Within An Assigned Geographic Territory Reseller must restrict customer order shipments to shipping addresses located within your assigned country or designated territory. This includes selling or shipping ChargeTech products to end consumers online if your territory does not include the online channel.Reseller must restrict customer order shipments to shipping addresses located within your assigned country or designated territory. This includes selling or shipping ChargeTech products to end consumers online if your territory does not include the online channel.
14. Ensure PCI Compliance Reseller must ensure PCI compliance for all approved commerce-enabled websites owned & operated by your company.
16. Operate E-commerce Business Separately from Offline Retail Business Reseller must plan inventory for your e-commerce business separately from inventory planned for your physical store’s business & provide accurate sell-thru numbers for each.
17. Security Measures from E-Commerce Sites and Fraud Protection Reseller must ensure industry-standard e-commerce security and fraud protection measures are in place, including two-factor authentication, authorized territory shipping restrictions, and customer fraud resolution procedures.
18. Additional Reseller Obligations for ChargeTech Dealer Locator Reseller must ensure industry-standard e-commerce security and fraud protection measures are in place, including two-factor authentication, authorized territory shipping restrictions, and customer fraud resolution procedures.
19. Obey the Law, Abide by Policy Rules & Serve Customer Needs Reseller must ensure industry-standard e-commerce security and fraud protection measures are in place, including two-factor authentication, authorized territory shipping restrictions, and customer fraud resolution procedures. Failure to comply with all of the terms in ChargeTech’s Authorized Reseller Policy will result in suspension or termination of your account.