8 tips to maximize your wellbeing and productivity while working remotely
As we all adjust to life under quarantine, those of us who are lucky enough to be working remotely have been faced with the challenge of how to stay both sane and productive after trading in the office for the living room. Without any separation between our work lives and personal lives, it is important to create routines and boundaries to stay productive and organized while working remotely.
The first step to becoming the boss of your home office is to break up with plugs and outlets. ChargeTech portable power units offer you the mobility to work freely and happily from the kitchen table, the patio, the floor, the couch, or wherever you are able to find a quiet corner. With the goal in mind of finding harmony between your work life and your personal life, check out these 8 essential tips to maximize your wellbeing and productivity while working remotely!
1. Get Dressed: You don’t want to be getting ready for bed at night and realize that you’re still wearing your PJ’s from the night before. Start your day by getting dressed as you would a normal workday to jumpstart your morning and create a mental separation between work time and leisure time.
2. Get Out of the Bedroom: Many of us have our home-office set up in our bedroom. While this may be your only option, in the mornings it is important to get out of your bedroom to start your day. Using ChargeTech portable power packs such as the 40K or 54K unit, consider setting your computer up on the kitchen counter or an outside patio with your morning coffee to go through those emails sitting in your inbox. Getting out of your bedroom will send the message to your body that it’s time to wake up.
3. A Sustainable Diet: We all know that starting your day with a healthy breakfast is the best thing you can do for your productivity, but make sure you’re not depriving yourself of simple joys throughout the day. Don’t be afraid to have green juice in the morning and some cookies in the afternoon. Balance and sustainability are essential.
4. Keep your Workplace Organized: Having your personal life and your work life mixed together is perhaps the hardest part about working from home. A cluttered workspace with wires and papers everywhere will infringe upon the serenity of your living space and will lead to stress and a lack of productivity in your work tasks. Keep your wires in-check with ChargeTech’s Universal Phone Charging Squid, or better yet, cut out wires entirely with ChargeTech’s several wireless charging devices. Keeping your living space clean and your workplace orderly is key to maximizing wellbeing and productivity.
5. Make a list, check it often: Add some structure back into your life. Make a to-do list of what you need to get done in your workday and take pleasure in checking things off the list. A simple and short to-do list will keep you on task while staying calm and organized. And when you’re done with your list, sign off for the day. Don’t let work encroach on your whole life, especially when you’re working from home.
6. Get Outside: Got cabin fever? Make sure to get some fresh air at least twice a day. If you’re lucky like us in sunny California, set your workspace up outside for a few hours. With a ChargeTech portable power unit, you can work from your deck, balcony, or patio all-day-long without losing power, or at least until you feel the sunburn coming on.
7. Turn your Commute into You-Time: Look on the bright side, you don’t have to commute anymore. Designate the time you would have spent sitting in traffic each day and treat yourself to something active and relaxing. Exercise, meditate, do some yoga, have a dance party? Live out your license plate holder’s wildest dream and take the time to actually do what you’d rather be doing than driving.
8. Balance Alone Time and Social Time: With everyone quarantined at home together, it is normal to feel both isolated and overwhelmed with social contact at the same time. Grab a ChargeTech power pack, your computer or iPad, and find a quiet corner to do some work, read the news, or watch TV. Being untethered to conventional outlets for your power source gives you a greater sense of freedom to find personal space. Also, make sure to designate meaningful and intentional social time with the people you love be it online or in your home. Share a meal, do a puzzle, call a friend. Take space when you need it but don’t forget to come together, we’re all in this together.
Check out ChargeTech’s entire Home Office Collection to make “Work from home” – “Work from anywhere!”
25% of all profits in the month of April will be donated directly to the COVID-19 Response Fund at the Center for Disaster Philanthropy. Read our CEO’s letter about this initiative here. All ChargeTech purchases including sales of the Home Office Collection will be providing essential relief to the most vulnerable communities affected by COVID-19 and support to those who are bravely working to contain its spread. Find out where your dollars are going at the CDP website: https://disasterphila